An easy chunky mitten pattern written for Magic Loop – featuring the World’s Best Mitten Thumb and a twisted-rib cuff.
Learn how to knit Magic Loop mittens quickly using this free pattern – I’ve included links to clear, detailed KNITFreedom videos for each technique you need to know.
Pattern Details – Chunky Magic Loop Mittens
- Knitting in the round (on Magic Loop or DPNs)
- Basic pattern-reading skills
Tricks You’ll Learn:
- How to do the two-at-a-time cast-on
- How to knit twisted rib
- How to make the World’s Best Mitten Thumb
Sizes S (M, L): Fits a hand 7 1/2 (8, 8 1/2) inches around the hand at its widest point and 6 3/4 (7 1/4, 73/4) inches long from base of hand to tip of middle finger.
Options: This pattern was written so that you can easily knit these mittens two-at-a-time, and it includes links to KNITFreedom videos showing how it’s done.
- Yarn: 100 yards of chunky-weight wool
- Gauge: 3 sts/in in Stockinette stitch
- Needles: US size 9 (5.5 mm) 47-inch (120 cm) circular needle
- Notions: Scrap yarn, 4 removable stitch markers, tapestry needle
This chunky mitten pattern is FREE to all newsletter subscribers.
The bulky yarn makes this a one-skein project – use Malabrigo Chunky or your favorite bulky-weight wool to make a quick gift. Download the pattern here.
Related Pattern: Basic Magic Loop Mittens — Worsted-Weight