By popular demand! A basic toe-up sock pattern with a knitted-in heel flap that fits your heel snugly and that you can adjust for a high instep.
Learn how to knit toe-up heel-flap socks using this free pattern – I’ve included links to clear, detailed KNITFreedom videos for each technique you need to know.
Pattern Details – Toe-Up Heel-Flap Socks
- Knitting in the round (on Magic Loop or DPNs)
- Basic pattern-reading skills
Tricks You’ll Learn:
- How to do Judy’s Magic Cast-On
- How to wrap and turn correctly
- How to adjust for a high instep
- A fancy picot-hemmed-edge bind-off
Sizes: Small-Medium (Medium-Large)
Foot circumference: 7(8) in [18(20) cm]
Length: customizable to exact foot length
Options: This pattern was written so that you can easily knit these socks two-at-a-time, and it includes links to KNITFreedom videos showing how it’s done.
- Yarn: 180 yards worsted-weight yarn (shown: Malabrigo Rios in Cumparsita).
- Gauge: 4.5 sts/in in Stockinette stitch.
- Needles: US size 7 (4.5 mm) 47-inch (120 cm) circular needle.
- Notions: Removable stitch marker, tapestry needle.
This toe-up heel-flap socks pattern is FREE to all newsletter subscribers. The pattern can be adjusted for a high instep, and is perfect for anyone who doesn’t like how a standard short-row heel fits. Download the pattern here.
Pattern photography by Camilla Emond of Free Range Chik
About the Yarn:
The Malabrigo Rios yarn for this pattern was provided generously by Stix Yarn. Shop their new online yarn store here.
Related Tutorial: Learn To Knit Toe-Up Socks Two-at-a-Time