Worsted Weight Sock Pattern Details
Here is a free basic worsted weight sock pattern for toe-up or top-down, one– or two-at a time, using Magic Loop. It’s the one I use in all my classes, and I always get great results.
Each pattern includes links to KNITFreedom videos for each technique required.
- Knitting in the round on Magic Loop
- Knit and purl
- Basic pattern-reading skills
Skills you will learn on this worsted weight sock pattern:
- Judy’s Magic Cast-On
- The no-holes Fleegle heel
- Invisible ribbed bind-off
- Two-at-a-Time Cast-On
- Kitchener Stitch
- Picking up stitches
- Plain, beginner heel flap construction
Sizes Available: Small-Medium (Medium-Large)
- Foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Length: customizable to exact foot length
Yarn: 180 yds worsted-weight yarn.
If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
Gauge: 4.5 sts/in in St st.
Needles: US #7 – 8 – whatever kind you use to knit in the round (DPNs, magic loop, 2
circulars, etc.) AND in whatever size YOU require to obtain correct gauge. Gauge matters,
needle size doesn’t.
Notions: Stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors.
Tweet this worsted weight sock pattern: