This is the pattern I use to teach sock-knitting to first-time sock-knitters, and they always get great results.
Worsted Weight Sock Pattern Details
Sizes Available: Small/Medium (Medium/Large)
- Foot circumference: 7(8) inches
- Length: customizable to exact foot length
Yarn: 180 yds worsted-weight yarn.
If working two socks at one time, you’ll need two separate balls of yarn.
Gauge: 4.5 sts/in in St st.
Needles: US #7 – 8 – whatever kind you use to knit in the round (DPNs, magic loop, 2
circulars, etc.) AND in whatever size YOU require to obtain correct gauge. Gauge matters,
needle size doesn’t.
Notions: Stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors.
- Knitting in the round on Magic Loop
- Knit and purl
- Basic pattern-reading skills
- Judy’s Magic Cast-On
- The No-Holes Fleegle Heel
- Invisible Ribbed Bind-Off
- Two-at-a-Time Cast-On
- Kitchener Stitch
- Picking Up Stitches