Just a quick note to say that I’ll be giving workshops and the keynote speech at the New South Wales Knitters’ Guild Camp August 28-30, 2015.
If you are going to be in New South Wales in August, or if you know someone who is, please consider signing up and telling your friends!
I’ll be teaching a two-session “Knit Like a Superstar” class, with Magic Loop and Continental Knitting on the first day and Toe-Up, Two-at-a-Time Socks on the second day.
I’ll also be giving the keynote speach and sharing how knitting saved my life.
Click here to learn more and sign up for NSW Knitters’ Guild Camp August 28-30 2015.
I hope to see you there!
Here are some examples of the kinds of things you will be able to knit once you learn lace with my upcoming lace class. These projects range from beginner to extremely advanced.
Projects Shown Above:
- Brittania by tincanknits (easy lace, knit in the round)
- Lacefield Mitts by Adrienne Krey (easy lace – knit flat)
- Bonny by tincanknits (knit in the round)
- Silvermist Bath Set by Rosemary Hill (knit in the round)
- Schwimmen by Shannon Cook (knit in the round)
- Winter’s End Cowl by Rebecca Shepler (beginner lace)
- Umaro blanket by Jared Flood (charted lace)
- Elizabeth Shawl by Dee O’Keefe (charted lace)
- 100 Diamonds by Sachiko Uemura (charted lace)
- Lyra by Herbert Niebling (advanced charted lace in the round)
- Stella by Janina Kallio (beginner lace)
Here’s what to expect as we ramp up for this lace class:
The next three blog posts will help you pick some good starter projects. You’ll learn:
- How to know if a lace project is easy or hard.
- How to find only the best projects on Ravelry using their advanced search. I’ll also give you my pre-made searches and Pinterest boards.
- My recommendations for easy, intermediate, and hard lace projects to inspire you and to fill up your Ravelry queue.
I’ll then teach you how to pick the right needles for lace.
I’ll also give you a chance to enter a giveaway for some amazing lace needles from Signature needles.
By then my new site will be ready for those of you who know you want to take my lace class, and I’ll start accepting sign ups.
For now, check out the above projects on Ravelry, add the ones you love to your queue, and pin the graphic to Pinterest.
Post your questions about lace knitting in the comments section of any of my blog posts. I’ll do my best to answer here or in my brand spanking new video knitting class,
Effortless Lace: a Foolproof Guide to Lace Knitting for Beginner and Intermediate Knitters (coming next month!).
Do you remember the first time you made a paper snowflake as a kid?
You carefully folded crisp paper into quarters or, if you were a veteran at making snowflakes, a pie-shape.
You grabbed your tiny scissors and cut holes all along the edges of the paper.
Looking at the folded-up mess, you wondered how it could possibly come out looking beautiful.
But then you delicately unfolded the paper and… Magic! A dainty, symmetrical snowflake, made completely by you.
Lace knitting is just like making a paper snowflake.
You carefully follow a pattern, never being sure how it will look until the very end. When you finally bind off and hold your knitting up to the light… breathtaking.
Creating Stunning Lace Designs With Carefully-Placed Holes
In lace knitting, you make the design appear by putting holes in your work, just like cutting holes out of paper to make a snowflake. Continue reading
I am so excited to introduce my brand new video course, Fantastic Mosaics!
Our giveaway has ended, and the lucky winner has been notified via email (we had thousands of entries – thank you so much for your support).
If you didn’t win the bundle, have no fear – there’s something special here for you, too. I didn’t want to leave you out if you didn’t win the giveaway, so I’ve added an exclusive bonus just for the next few days.
When you purchase Fantastic Mosaics before 11:59pm Pacific time on Monday (3/30/15), you’ll receive a special series of bonus coaching emails where I’ll walk you through the entire course step-by-step with bonus tips, helpful links, and encouragement along the way. Continue reading
Today we have something super special for you to celebrate my upcoming video course Fantastic Mosaics – a giveaway!
Below, you can enter to win an amazing bundle of three prizes:
- A copy of my newest video course coming out March 28th, Fantastic Mosaics
- A copy of my Ultimate Knitting Course, Knitting Superstar
- A private, 20 minute 1-on-1 call with me, KnitFreedom founder Liat Gat
We will notify the winner via email on Saturday, March 28th by 6:30am PST. Continue reading