Download The Aspen Ice Hat Pattern And Enter To Win Magnolia Handspun Yarn
Be An Ice-Cold Stunner in This Hot Handspun Hat Pattern
In Aspen you MUST be beautiful, and nothing says "I happen to be the coolest person here" like this chunky handspun hat pattern. Only you can't buy this hat at Prada. You can only make it.
I designed the Aspen Ice Hat to capture the Bohemian, cooler-than-cool Aspen look that is so IN this winter. And people have been stopping me everywhere I go to tell me they love it.
As a special challenge, I designed the hat for handspun yarn.
The Aspen Ice Hat is an Easy Pattern for Handspun Yarn
The repeating lace pattern makes a spiral that looks fantastic with a lot of different of textures, colors and thicknesses.
The best thing is that this is a fast and easy knit hat pattern, which means you can make it as a present for your friend (maybe with some of that yarn they brought you back from a trip that you had no idea what to do with).
Looking For the Hat Pattern from Magnolia Handspun That Matches the Aspen Ice Cowl? This Is It.
Last year I published the Aspen Ice cowl, the first of my exclusive patterns for Magnolia Handspun.
Camilla, the owner and spinner of Magnolia Handspun, knit a chunky, slouchy hat to go with the cowl and published this photo.
Since then, we've been getting so many requests for "the hat that goes with the Aspen Ice cowl" that I decided to re-create the hat and publish the hat pattern so you could have it.
Download the Aspen Ice Hat Pattern Here
Win the Magnolia Handspun Yarn to Knit This Chunky Hat
Camilla is giving away two skeins of her gorgeous handspun yarn to one lucky reader!
The winner will get two skeins of "Delphinium" (shown above) - that's 128 yards of handspun and hand-dyed yarn at a value of $58.
Here's how to win:
Do at least one (preferably many) of the following:
- Add Magnolia Handspun or Twist and Twine to your Etsy favorites
- Buy some yarn - you need 100 yards for this hat
- Go to Camilla's blog, Free Range Chik
- Help her out by suggesting a fun yarn name in the comments.
- Post a link to this post on your website or blog.
- Share this post on Facebook or Twitter (links below)
Then... come back here and post in the comments and tell me what you did, and you'll be entered into the random drawing.
Contest ends Monday night at midnight EST. Get your comment in before the deadline to enter! Watch your email this Tuesday for the announcement of the lucky winner.
What To Do Next:
• Click to download the free Aspen Ice hat pattern here
• Leave us a comment and suggest a great yarn for this handspun hat pattern
• Fave and add the Aspen Ice Hat to your queue on Ravelry
• Post a yarn name idea on Free Range Chik, and... (of course)
• Tweet and share this post with your friends.
- To knit this hat you'll need to know how to knit in the round
- For more free hat patterns try the Basic Magic Loop Hat Pattern
- Knit the matching scarf pattern: Aspen Ice cowl
- New Customer Accounts, Classes, Videos Page, and Site Search are Ready!
- ENTER TO WIN Ultimate Bundles Giveaway! Sewing, Knitting and Crochet, Embroidery Prizes and More – Ends November 26th, 2017
- I’m Back!
- Liat Gat Takes Hiatus
- Enter to win a $250 Gift Certificate to Signature Needle Arts
- 9 Top-Rated Lace-Knitting Projects for Beginners
- 4 Characteristics That Make A Lace Pattern Easy Or Hard
- See Liat Gat Teach and Speak at the 2015 Knitters’ Guild Camp in New South Wales, Australia
- Feast Your Eyes – 11 Gorgeous Lace Projects to Inspire You
- Lace Knitting: As Easy As Making A Paper Snowflake
- Introducing: Fantastic Mosaics! Color Knitting for Everyone
- Giveaway! Win a Copy of Fantastic Mosaics, Knitting Superstar, and 1-on-1 Time With Me
- New Website Sneak Peek – Erica’s Top 2 Favorite Features
- Introducing: I Love Bind-Offs (it’s here, it’s here!)
- Perfect Bind-Off For Lace – The Frilled Standard Bind-Off
- Attention G-Mail Users: Don’t Let KnitFreedom Go Missing
- It’s KnitFreedom’s 3rd Birthday: Get 50% Off TODAY ONLY
- Announcement: Video PDF E-Books Are Now Fixed
- Save 30% Off NOW: “Knitting Saves The World 2013” Sale
- Free Pattern and Video: Beginner Lace Scarf For Summer – The Palm Springs Feather and Fan Lace Scarf
- Watch Liat’s Las Vegas and Palm Springs TV Appearances And Meet Up With Liat On Her July TV Knitting Tour
- WorldWide Knit In Public Day 2013 – Liat Will Be Making Appearances On TV And Meeting Fans In Palm Springs And Las Vegas
- New Video Course Launches Today: The Secrets of Flawless Cast-Ons Revealed!
- Get Liat’s “Complete Video Guide to Cast-Ons” – Available To Subscribers Friday, May 10th
- Here’s What’s Been Going On…
- Birthday Party! 50% Off Sale TODAY ONLY, Plus Yarn Giveaway, Book Announcement, Media Blitz, And More
- Watch Your Email – Magnolia Handspun Pattern and Yarn Giveaway This Saturday
- NEW: Free Super-Bulky Sock Pattern for Magic Loop, Toe-Up or Top-Down
- “30% Off Everything” Sale and Announcing the Brand-New E-Book “Intermediate Scarves and Stitches”
- FREE SAMPLE of Brioche Knitting Video E-Book
- Brioche Knitting Video E-Book is Here
- I’ll Be Teaching Live Classes at Stix This Month
- Buenos Aires Yarn District: Goodbye, Argentina!
- Thank you for the best birthday ever!!
- First Birthday Bash! Sale, Media Party, And My Gift To You
- Weekend in Chile
- Two-at-a-Time Mittens Video E-Book is Here
- Tangled Goes to Sock Summit and Launches Summer Sock Yarn Issue
- My First Adventures In Argentina
- Sick – Will Post Soon
- I’ll Be Traveling The World This Summer
- A Cute Way To Tell Your Friends About KnitFreedom (KnitFreedom Business Cards are Here!)
- Tangled is nominated for a Flamie Award! Please Vote
- Tangled Winter Issue Debuts Today – With 2 Of My Patterns!
- New Double-Knitting E-Book is Ready
- Hold my knitting, I’m going on vacation
- Live Your Dream – A Celebration of How Far We’ve All Come
- “Become a Knitting Superstar” Is Now Available For Sale
- Become a Knitting Superstar Pre-Sale Launches Tomorrow
- New Chat Party Times: Sat 2/5 and Sun 2/6
- I’ll be a guest on The Donna Seebo Show on Wednesday, 2/2/11, at 3:30 PST
- Become a Knitting Superstar – Sneak Peek at Table of Contents
- You’re Invited to a Ravelry Chat Party! Please RSVP
- A Shout-Out To Our Wonderful Knitting Forum
- Announcing Live Knitting Help and Tech Support
- In 2011, There’s No Excuse
- Thank You All So Much
- Aspen Ice Lace Cowl – Designed Exclusively For Magnolia Handspun
- Knitting While Horseback Riding
- Free Key Cozy Pattern For Leftover Sock Yarn
- Free Pattern: Pentafold Felted Moebius Bowl
- I’m All Tangled Up Over Tangled Online Magazine!
- How To Get KNITFreedom Free Patterns and Videos