How To Switch Needles on Magic Loop
Thanks, Myrna, for requesting a special video on how to switch needles via the KnitFreedom Facebook page!
Myrna’s question: “I want to know how to change needles in the middle of a project. For instance, I started with a circular needle that is too short and I need to change to a longer one.”
So, Myrna and everyone else, this is what to do (PS — it’s very easy):
To switch needles on Magic Loop, take the new circular needle you would like to switch to and then hold it in your right hand. With the new right-hand needle, begin knitting the stitches on the old left-hand needle.
When you get to the end of the row or round, pull the new needle through, and push the old needle into the stitches on the second half of the round. Knit the other half of the round with the new needle.
Once you get to the end of the round, the old needle should fall out and the new circular needles will be in your knitting. You've switched!
You can do this if you’ve got a project on double-pointed needles that you want to switch to Magic Loop, or in my case in the video, I wanted to switch from Addi Lace needles to Addi Turbos so I could speed through the cuffs of my socks.
If this video was helpful, post in the comments!
- Free Pattern: Basic Magic Loop Hat
- How To Bind Off On Magic Loop
- “Tinking” on Magic Loop – How to Undo Knitting in the Round
- Traveling Loop Method For Magic Loop
- Purling Tips: How To Purl On Magic Loop
- Getting Turned Around on Magic Loop
- Getting Turned Inside Out… In More Ways Than One
- The Best Circular Needles For Magic Loop
- Magic Loop 2.0 – Adapting Patterns, Purling, and More