Relax While You Knit: 7 Free, Intermediate, & Mindless Knitting Patterns for Christmas Day
I love it when it's my turn to open a gift on Christmas! And my family loves to surprise me.
Most of the time, however, I take a back seat and knit while my family plays the Santa Game.*
Yesterday I blogged about 7 Free and Mindless Knitting Patterns for Beginners.
Today, here are 7 free knitting patterns that will be mindless IF you are an intermediate knitter.
Most of them have one spot where you'll need to pay attention (usually the cast-on), so you may want to do that part before the family comes over.
The great thing about these free patterns is that they are not only mindless but also interesting and unique - I checked. Enjoy!
- Super-Bulky House Socks by Liat Gat - helpful video: Judy's Magic Cast-On
- Camp Out Fingerless Mitts by Tante Ehm - helpful video: Pick Up and Knit
- Age of Brass and Steam by Orange Flower - helpful video: Garter Tab Cast-On
- Grrlfriend Market Bag by Laura Spradlin - helpful video: Circular Cast-On
- Honey Cowl by Antonia Shankland - helpful video: Infinite Tail Cast-On
- Man Hat by Haven Leavitt - helpful video: Italian Tubular Cast-On for 1x1 Rib
- Show Your Colors Shawl by Amy King - helpful video: Garter Tab Cast-On
*How To Play The Santa Game:
All you need in order to play is a Santa hat.
Usually the youngest family member starts out as Santa. "Santa" has to select a gift from under the tree that is not from him or her and give it to its recipient.
Then everyone watches that person unwrap the gift and does the requisite oohing and aahing and photographing, after which the recipient then becomes Santa and selects the next gift. Don't have a Santa hat? Why not knit one!
Leave a Comment
This week at KnitFreedom is all about relaxing with the family while you knit, and that's what I'll be doing this Christmas.
I've already ordered and received a skein of Malabrigo Rasta from ImagiKnit in San Fransisco - they even wound it into two balls for me. I'll be ready to knit my big sister's requisite super-bulky house socks - the world's easiest knitted gift (don't tell her!).
Before you head off to find your Santa hat, tell me about your favorite mindless knitting projects. What are your favorite things to knit that are still interesting but don't require you to count, look, or otherwise pay attention? Leave a comment below and let me know.
And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
- Relax While You Knit: 7 Free, Easy, & Mindless Knitting Patterns for Christmas Day
- The Ultimate New Knitter’s Toolkit – Needles, Yarn, Notions, and Supplies to Buy For Beginning Knitters
- 2014 KnitFreedom Holiday Gift Guide Part 3: Stocking Stuffers
- 2014 KnitFreedom Holiday Gift Guide Part 2: Under $50
- 2014 KnitFreedom Holiday Gift Guide Part 1: Luxury Gifts
- Knitting For Men: The Top 10 Patterns Your Man Will Love